Day 3: Plan Your Healthy Week
Today's challenge is to plan your healthy week ahead. Planning healthy behaviors is critical for 2 reasons:
- It makes adopting new behaviors easier because you'll have carved out the necessary time to take action. And then when the time arrives, all you have to do is show up.
- It means that you won't burn energy during the week deciding when to move your body, cook, and take care of yourself -- because you'll already know! The mental back-and-forth is so draining.
STEP ONE: Take out your calendar and pencil in the time slots listed below sometime in the next 7 days.
- 1-2 times to grocery shop
- 3-5 times to move your body
- 1-2 times to cook nourishing foods
- 1-2 pockets of "you" time
I've given you ranges here because everyone is starting from a different place. For some of you, grocery shopping and cooking once each is going to create big shifts for you this week (fun!). And others of you will already have some of these behaviors integrated and will be taking them to the next level.
Do what feels right to you.
A couple notes: Make sure one of the "move your body" days is tomorrow, Day 4!! On that note, remember that moving your body doesn't need to cost money or mean that you even have to leave your house. As an example, you could always reserve 30 minutes to go through a yoga sequence in your living room. Last, "you" time means time that you spend alone, not in the service of anyone else, and off technology. Read a book, paint your nails, whatever feels nice.
STEP ONE POINT FIVE:
Take those healthy actions!
Post in The Lair showing us a picture of your schedule. I'm excited to see it all planned out! You can also share it on social with the hashtag #NourishYourselfChallenge.
Talk to you tomorrow for Day 4!