Getting right to the nitty gritty today: I have a healthy, quick recipe for you!
Fresh grass-fed beef tacos with cherry tomatoes and radish.
Right in time for summer.
This dish is a gem because it's:
- healthy -- comprised of all whole foods and ingredients high in micronutrients
- satiating -- due to the high protein content
- delicious -- because tacos, and
- QUICK -- takes less than 15 minutes to pull together
Perfect recipe to have in your arsenal for those busy days. Or, if you're like me and like to spend as little time cooking as possible, even on normal days. ;)
Here's what you'll need to make 3-4 tacos:
- 1/2 lb organic, grass-fed ground beef
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- Head of butter lettuce
- Toppings -- I chose cherry tomatoes, radish, and red onion. Avocado would be amazing, as would jalapeño
- Balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Wash, dry, and plate 3-4 whole lettuce leaves.
- Heat a pan and add the coconut oil. Once the oil is fully spread, add the beef to the pan.
- Cook the beef through, making sure it's thoroughly separated. Add a dash of salt.
- Wash and chop your toppings.
- Once the beef is all cooked, spoon it into the lettuce leaves. Add toppings.
- Add salt to taste. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar (optional).
I hope this makes you and your tastebuds very happy during these warm months. Enjoy!
Love and light,