7-Day Nourish Yourself Challenge Day 6: Visualize Your Heaven
Welcome to Day 6 of the 7-Day Nourish Yourself Challenge!
Today's challenge is to Visualize Your Heaven. In other words, you're going to implement a visualization practice that'll help you connect with how you want to feel in your body / around food, then use your imagination to conjure those thoughts and emotions and bask in them.
This practice is incredibly powerful for 2 reasons:
- It feels good. That's valuable on its own! Part of creating a healthy lifestyle free of guilt and restriction is regularly recalibrating our energy towards that which feels good (light, peaceful, spacious -- whatever adjectives resonate with you.
- It reinforces belief that you are on your path and will reach your desired state. When you preemptively experience the emotions you'd like to feel more regularly, it's "proof" that you can get there.
Here's how to do the practice:
- Think about practicing either in the morning or before bed. For today's challenge, night time is perfect!
- Lay down comfortably. Straight spine, uncrossed legs.
- Close your eyes.
- Walk through a "day in the life" of when you've embodied your intention.
- Use all 5 senses to tap into details and conjure positive emotions.
- Soak in those feelings!
- There's no right or wrong way to do this -- but if you're experiencing uncomfortable feelings like stress or anxiety, you aren't aligned yet. Simply try on other scenes and visuals for size until you find what feels like peace.
If you have any challenges or questions -- or simply want to report how it went for you! -- come on over to our Facebook community, The Lair and let us know.
Til tomorrow (Day 7!!)...
P.S. Click for access to Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, and Day 5. If you want to learn more about me and what I do, click here to read my professional bio and here to read my personal journey with food/body.