Cutting right to the chase: I have something fun and free for you today!
If you've been feeling sluggish, have a hard time waking up, or know you could be taking better care of your body, this is for you.
I've designed a 7-Day Reboot protocol that will help clear your system and revive your body. Specifically, you will:
- Increase energy
- Decrease inflammation and bloating
- Sleep better
....and, well, FEEL better.
The 7-Day Reboot protocol also teach you the key behaviors to take to *keep* your energy long term.
A note on language: I usually cringe at words like "reboot," "reset," and "cleanse." They allude to black-or-white behavior -- being either all in or all out with your healthy living. Not a recipe for success in the long haul.
That's why it's important to look at this 7-Day Reboot protocol as a set of guidelines, not a strict regimen.
It shows you the "best case scenario." You get to navigate in that direction with grace and self-compassion.
While it's ideal to try this for at least 14 days, it's a challenging protocol to maintain. Give it a try for a week and extend the timeline if you want to.
Here's the protocol:
- Eliminate the following: caffeine, alcohol, sugar, dairy, gluten, corn, soy products, and processed foods. This means you'll be shopping the perimeter of the grocery store -- the produce section, meat counter, and fish section. It also means you'll be cooking! Schedule food prep time in your calendar.
- Make sure all your produce, meat, and fish is organic, grass-fed, free range, cage-free, and wild caught. We want to eliminate the chemicals, pesticides, and hormones from your body.
- Home cook all your meals. Restaurant food contains lots of sodium and other ingredients that aren't good for you. If you want recipe inspiration, check out this Pinterest board of recipes I recommend.
- Eat greens with every meal. This can be in salad form (arugula, spinach, kale, etc.) or as a side (roasted broccoli or asparagus, etc.)
- Drink 8-10 big glasses of water per day.
- Get 7-9 hours of sleep per night. If this means saying "no" to weeknight plans, do it.
- Try to get in bed by 9:30pm or 10 at the latest.
- Keep your laptop outside the bedroom.
- Move every day. On days when you're well-rested, hit the gym for a more rigorous workout. If you haven't slept well, go to a slow yoga class or for a 30-minute leisure walk outside (no headphones.) The most important thing is that you don't do a hard workout when you're poorly rested. That's counterproductive.
- Stretch for 5 minutes in the morning.
If you're looking at this and feeling totally overwhelmed, don't worry. There's something for you too.
Instead of taking on all 10 of these guidelines, try the 2 most important ones:
- Remove processed foods (you'll be removing most of your sugar intake this way anyways)
- Sleep 7-9 hours per night
Some tips for success:
- Be kind to yourself. This is not meant to be muscled through and no one is perfect.
- Schedule your healthy habits in your calendar. That means your grocery shopping, cooking, workout, and self-care time.
- Journal. About your cravings, and any changes you notice in your body. When you remove the "kryptonites" in your diet, it's an opportunity to look at when you reach for them and why. What emotions are you experiencing when you crave sugar or coffee, for example? Also, this protocol is going to reveal your natural energy patterns. Take note -- it's valuable info.
As always, I want to know how things are going for you. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your wins with the Reboot, or ask any questions. More than happy to help.
Hope you have a fab rest of the week.
Love and light,